I often get asked if I still enjoy eating marshmallows or if I’m sick of them as I work with them every single day.
Crazy to say, I think I like eating them now more than I did before working with them.
When I’m making pops or projects it goes like this: one for you, two for me…… hahahahaha!
Almost weekly, I get a sudden craving for a roasted marshmallow. Something about the ooey, gooey, warm smell of roasted marshmallows just gets me everytime!
A few weeks ago my hubz was away on a business trip when this craving hit me out of no where! I immediately thought of baking something.
It’d be easier to bake than to start the firepit and have to care for all three littles by the fire all by myself. I turned on the oven then I started to think what to make.
After looking in my pantry, I felt a little guilty to bake something because I had 3 packages of Biscoff cookies starting at me. I said to myself, “do you really need to make something? Just eat a cookie and relax.”
Well, I knew that wasn’t going to be enough. Although they are delicious alone, I was craving a roasted marshmallow remember?
That’s when the idea hit me! I would make s’mores bars but with biscoff cookie crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs. Woohoo!
The boys helped me throw the cookies in our NINJA blender. Yes, I know…. that’s what the food processor I spent so much on is for but why take it out if my super Ninja can do the same in like 5 seconds?!
Anyway, they also helped me pull out the rest of the ingredients, measuring and adding them to the mixing bowl.
It’s the little things that mean the most to them
After blending all the ingredients in my Kitchen Aid, I began to layer the goodies.
I placed the pan in the oven for 30 minutes then….
Pulled it out to add the most magical ingredients: mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips!
Back in the oven it went for another 8 minutes. Just enough to roast the marshmallows a bit and melt melt the chips.
After these cooled down a bit, I cut myself a little “testing” pieces and O.M.G. They were so warm, chewy, soft and delicious.
Not too sweet, not too cake-y. They were perfect!
It wasn’t a “let me see how they turn out so I can add the recipe to my blog” type of recipe. They were a “I need a fix now. Wow these are awesome. I have to share them iwth my readers” type of recipe.
Seriously, you HAVE to try these!!!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8.8 oz) pack Biscoff cookies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Nonstick baking spray
- 1 (7 oz.) jar JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- 2 (1.55 oz) bars Hershe's Milk Chocolate
- 1-2 cups JET-PUFFED Mini Marshmallows
- 2 cups Hershey's semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, leaving about 2 inches hanging over two edges. Lightly coat the bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- Blend softened butter and sugars in mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed. Turn speed to low, add 2 eggs and vanilla extract. Once mixture is creamy, add cookie crumbs, salt and baking soda. Slowly incorporate flour to mixing bowl, 1/2 cup at a time. Turn mixer off when dough is uniform.
- Using spatula, press down onto prepared pan half of the dough. Next, pour in the marshmallow creme evenly. Snap off chocolate bar and place over marshmallow creme. Roll up your sleeves and grab a small handful of dough with your fingers and flatten into a thick dough sheet. Place on top of other layers. Continue to do the same with the remaining dough until the whole top is covered with dough.
- Place pan in oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with mini marshmallows then sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top. Place back in oven for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan for 20 minutes before removing and cutting.
- TIP: Store in airtight container at room-temp for up to 5 days.
Are you a fan of Biscoff cookies? How about roasted marshmallows? Put them together in a recipe and you’ll be like WOW!