You know me, I’m a believer of the very convenient philosophies: “Better late than never” as well as “It’s better to ask for forgiveness than for permission” haha. Therefore; a few months late but here’ s my short recap of my adventures at SNAP!
I must say, it was one of the coolest conferences I have attended…. and I’ve been to many many many ranging from technology to food to design. I had a great time for lots of reasons. Keep reading and you’ll see why…
From the moment the registration doors opened, I was surrounded by inspiration and creativity. These ladies were just like me: creative, hard working and passionate. We spoke the same language per say.
The registration lobby was decorated by Michelle (Maddy Cakes Muse) and Mariah (Giggles Galore). They spent months collecting vintage school themed items and crafting little details for this set up. These crazy girls drove a Uhaul all the way from Phoenix, Arizona to make this happen without being compensated… That’s love!
The schedule was filled with interesting classes, dinners and night events. One night was 80’s Prom. Oh yes, we dressed up and all:
Ummmm… can you tell we had so much fun at the 80’s party?!
My party girls in the house:
- Michelle (Maddy Cakes Muse)
- Mariah (Giggles Galore)
- Jennifer (Banner Events)
- Jessica (Pen N’ Paper Flowers)
- Kim (The Celebration Shoppe)
- Lindi (Love The Day)
- Lynlee (Lynlee’s Petite Cakes)
- Mindy (Creative Juice)
- Kelsey (We Heart Parties)
- Stefani (Chic Classroom Styles)
- Toni (Design Dazzle)
- Jessica (Everyday Party Magazine)
- Valery (Charming Touch Parties)
- Donna (Swish Printables)
- Gretchen (Three Little Monkeys Studio)
- Laurie (Gallamore West)
- Tonya (Soiree Event Design)
- Laura (Eye Candy Creative Studio)
It really wouldn’t have been all possible without these fabulous sponsors:
I walked away like a true WINNER! I was lucky enough to win 4 amazing prizes at the conference:
- $100 gift card to World Market
- Adirondak chair from Thompson Waterseal
- BOSS Bluetooth Mini Speakers during the Sponsor’s Passport Raffle
- and a 5-piece set of Ryobi Tools
The amazing highlights of the conference for me were:
1. All the crazy talented and passionate ladies I got to meet in person. This is really what all these events are about, networking and building relationships. Look at all the cute business cards I received. You can tell each one was put together with lots of love.
2. I got to play with and learn about power tools! Just in time for lots of DIY’s in my new house. Met the power girls team, Shanty 2 Chic. If you’re not following them already… you need to!
3. I finally conquered my fear of sewing machines. I’ve had one in a box for a year sitting in my Studio and never even opened the box. I got to make a cute button pillow with the help of Delia (Delia Creates) and Jessica (Running With Scissors). Since then, I’ve made 6 window covering for my house!!
4. Getting a chance to learn and try out fabulous products at the sponsor’s booths and class sessions. My favorite session was Minwax’s staining session with Bruce who had us all cracking up with his sass the whole time.
One of the most elaborate booths was Cricut’s one. We had a blast posing as mad scientists. Can’t even tell you the amount of cool new products I learned about and will definitely be using from now on.
I’m definitely thinking of attending the next SNAP conference in 2015. Will you be coming?